The Hudson Valley Artists Hurricane Relief Project is a collective of some of the Hudson Valley’s most illustrious and talented musical artists in a fund raising effort. Sponsored by Soundscape Presents, a non-profit 501c3, all the artists have contributed their original works for the sole purpose of raising money to help the thousands of people that are still struggling to recover and rebuild their lives in the devastating aftermath of the 2011 Hurricane Irene and subsequent tropical storms.
It’s estimated that millions of dollars in damages occurred to the towns of the region such as Phoenicia, Prattsville, Windham, Fleishmans, Shandaken, Arkville and New Windsor, for example, wiping out large portions of those towns in some cases. The destruction from floods and gale force winds to roads, bridges, electrical structures, buildings and farmlands just in Hudson Valley area, could take years to rebuild.
Certainly the shocking effects of the 2011 Hurricane Irene were felt as far south as the Caribbean Islands and as far north as Canada, but the purpose of this project is to concentrate funding to the Mid-Hudson and Hudson Valley regions of NY state. Monies will be distributed to various agencies that are continuing to help those still recovering from the harrowing experience of this historic event.
For those people; our friends and neighbors, who have been left homeless, psychologically, physically and spiritually injured, for the towns that will be rebuilding their structures and identities, for the farmers that will never regain their lost crops and land, and for those that will be forever be scarred by the jolting and injurious memory of Hurricane Irene, we dedicate our songs for you.
1. Cool Thing - Kevin Bartlett
2. Jump - Pete Levin
3. Liza Jane - The Wood Bros
4. Chasing Time - Karl Allweiler
5. Sky High - WeMustBe
6. Amish Pinxtos - Medeski, Martin & Wood
7. Good Morning Grey - Jay Collins
8. Sing to Me - Amy Helm
9. Mephisto - Marco Benevento
10. Sand in my Slide Shuffle - Roswell Rudd
11. Not a Love Song - The Compact
12. Space Twang - Neel Murga
13. Gettin' Dirty - David Kraai
14. Something to Believe In - Mark Marshall
15. These Days - Marc Black
16. I'm No Giant - Tracy Bonham
17. Daughters and Sons - Professor Louie & The Crowmatics
18. Beyond the Dawn - Peggy Atwood
19. Jump Up - David Malachowski
20.Distance - Mr. Rusty (Nat Russell)
21. Southern Route - Bruce Katz
22. What Happened to You? - Lorenza Ponce
23. Going Home - Machan Taylor
24. Another Great Look - Jaik Miller
25. Steppin' Lightly - Gov't Mule